Monday, June 30, 2008

MAISON DE HIMIKO (Japan)


I am racking my brain trying to remember my list of good movies to recommend and I am surprised how much this one will not leave my head!

It is a fun movie!! A movie that will leave you feeling happy!

A plain faced girl is visited by a very handsome young man only to find that he bears a message from her father, his lover. Her father, we later learn, is the founder of a controversial retirement home for gays, a quiet resting place and sanctuary for those wishing to cross-dress and look beautiful in their old age.

Of course, the place and the people living there face hard social problems but the film is surprisingly calm, bearing its message quietly, point blank.

I think the film is very cleverly made, sweet and happy.

I hope you will be able to find it…

No comments: